If you ’ ve been eyeing this rate, we can help you decide which bottles are right for you. We ’ rhenium going to deliver in-depth reviews of the Calma, Breastmilk and Storage bottles .
Your nesting instinct is kicking in fast, but don ’ thymine worry – this will help you grow confident of your decision in no clock time .
Medela Calma Review
The Medela Calma is unique because it allows babies to control how a lot milk comes out – when the baby creates a vacuum, the milk starts flowing. That ’ randomness different from traditional bottles that have a set flow measure .
This laid comes with :
- One nipple.
- One 5-ounce bottle.
- One cap and two lids.
- Teaches babies to suck instead of chewing on nipples to get milk.
- The nipple and lid from this bottle fit on many other bottle types.
- Babies still have to work to get milk from this bottle, so bottle feeding won’t make your baby too lazy to breastfeed.
- There are several pieces on each bottle, which makes it trickier to assemble.
- Harder to clean because of all the pieces.
- Pricey for a single bottle.
Key Features and Benefits
- This bottle experience is meant to simulate breastfeeding. While your baby is feeding, he can stop to breathe and the milk won’t keep flowing, unlike many traditional bottles.
- No matter what stage of feeding your child is at, he will use the same nipple as there is only one size and shape. Your baby will control what speed the milk comes out by creating a vacuum with his latch.
- This bottle simulates the same technique needed to get milk from your breast. So you can switch from bottle to breast without worrying about confusing your baby.
This nipple is pretty retentive, which can cause gagging for some babies, specially neonate. I ’ m not sure why they made it quite indeed long unless it helps form the vacuum the child needs to get milk. But if your baby is gagging from it, you may need to back off these bottles until he ’ south older and bigger .
Ease of Use
If you have a pamper who is used to working hard at your breast to get milk, this bottle will be beneficial to you and she ’ ll have no trouble with it. It might be just the answer you are looking for to switch between breastfeeding and bottle prey successfully .
But one problem is that it seems like the vacuum your pamper creates leads to more milk flow than your child can handle. That can lead to coughing and choking .
If you have a formula-fed baby who has used traditional bottles that allow the milk to flow the second you tip them into their mouth, your pamper may have problems using these .
Because it is meant to mimic breastfeed, your child will have to suck hard and adequately to get any milk – that might be frustrating to babies who are not used to it .
They won ’ t have the know-how to get any milk from the bottle, and you ’ ll indigence to work through this if you want to use Calma .
How Do They Compare?
1. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottles
Like the Calma, this bottle was made to avoid the confusion that is sometimes created by switching between the bottle and the breast. Both bottles may be a good choice for parents who want to keep encourage breastfeed. The Calma is better suited for older babies because of the length of the nipple, while the Closer to Nature bottle would likely be better for newborns. An older baby may not welcome the softer nipple .
2. Comotomo 8oz. Natural Feel Baby Bottle
These bottles would be well for moms who are transitioning an entirely breastfed baby to a bottle because the unfitness and the compressible bottle might remind the baby of their mother ’ sulfur breast. Moms who like the feel of a traditional bottle would likely prefer the Medela Calma .
3. The First Years Breastflow Bottles
To work properly, these bottles need both compression and suction, which makes them a good option for moms who are promoting breastfeeding techniques even through bottle usage. But moms who don ’ triiodothyronine want to have to buy more nipples every time their baby reaches a new feed stage may prefer the Calma because it has an all-stage nipple .
Who Should Buy The Calma Bottles?
Weaving between breastfeeding and bottle run is a slippery slope. It can cause babies to lose interest in breastfeeding because it requires more attempt than traditional bottles .
The Calma can help cut down on the confusion because the milk won ’ thyroxine beginning flowing until your child makes an effort, and, much like your breast, the all-stage nipple on this bottle will stay the lapp size. not having to upgrade a nipple size will cut down on any confusion your baby has .
Although this bottle is one of the more expensive on the market, you won ’ metric ton have to buy nipples for subsequently feeding stages since it is an all-stage nipple – that will offset some of the cost .
Medela Breastmilk Bottle Review
These bottles are designed to make breastfeed easier, although you can besides use them with recipe. Because the bottles can be utilized with every Medela breast heart, you only have to use one container whether you are pumping, storing milk or feeding your baby .
This place includes :
- Three 5-oz. Bottles.
- Three lids.
- Three medium flow nipples.
- Three wide base collars and caps.
- These bottles can also be used to store breastmilk.
- These bottles are easy to use and don’t have many parts to them.
- Easy to clean since there are minimal parts and wide caps.
- If you don’t line up the nipples perfectly, the bottles leak.
- The print on the bottle vanishes with repeated washings.
Key Features and Benefits
- These bottles can be used right away for feeding, but they are also designed for long-term storage for your breast milk.
- Can be put in the top rack of the dishwasher.
- The bottles have volume marks that are easy to read and bright markings that stand out.
- Screw on lids create a simple way to store your milk. Anyone can figure out how these work.
- The travel cap will keep the nipple clean when you store the bottles in a diaper bag.
- Medela’s bottles have never been made with BPA.
- Moms who breastfeed may appreciate these bottles are compatible with every Medela breast pump.
These days, most baby bottles are BPA-free. But what I like about Medela bottles is that they have never contained BPA ( 1 ). I feel like they were ahead of the bend on this base hit issue, which makes me trust their caller more .
Ease of Use
sometimes putting a bottle together can feel like you need an engineer at your side ready to help you. I ’ ve seen bottles that have six or seven working parts before. If it ’ second going to feel like a half-time job just to assemble a bottle, you might want to reconsider the trade name you use .
I like that these are simple to construct and you can do it flush while being distracted by your screaming baby. When your baby is hungry, you feel an acute blackmail to get that bottle in his talk a soon as possible .
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
It saves a lot of time and money when you have equipment that is compatible with other equipment you own. These bottles are compatible with every Medela breast pump, which is a huge clock and money saver for moms .
Plus, you won ’ triiodothyronine have the aggravation of remembering which pump can work with which bottle. Moms already have to remember so much farce during the course of the day ; you don ’ thymine want to have to worry about bottle capability excessively .
How Do They Compare?
1. Mimijumi Very Hungry Bottles
This Mimijumi bottle is a good option for a baby who is suffering from colic because of its incorporate vent. The Medela 8-ounce bottles are more for babies who have had smooth sailing when it comes to flatulence and irritability .
2. Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottles
These 9-ounce bottles have twin valves to help babies with colic and have a wide mouth so they are easy to clean. Parents who want a bigger bottle may like the Philips Avent. Parents who are watching their money will like that the Medela bottles are more low-cost than the Avent .
Who Should Buy The Breastmilk Bottles?
The Medela Breastmilk bottle offers an easy-to-operate, reliable bottle that won ’ t leave you wishing you had an extra set of arms so that you could put it together .
The fact that Medela has never used BPA in any of their bottles means a lot to me as a parent – I love that they ’ re concerned about using timbre materials for their products .
This bottle is a good choice for moms who want to promptly assemble a bottle to feed a athirst child and just as promptly clean that bottle when they are done .
Less time fussing with bottles gives you more fourth dimension with your pamper, and that ’ s constantly been my number one goal as a ma .
If there ’ s one thing that is guaranteed to make a ma harebrained – it ’ s having her cherished breast milk leak all over the refrigerator. When you ’ ra pump, every last sink counts. You did have to basically torture your breasts after all. And your baby is relying on you for that milk .
That ’ second why it ’ mho all-important for moms who use breast pumps to find the right collection bottles or bags to safely and hygienically store their milk until their child needs it .
Enter the Medela Storage Bottles. not lone are they compatible with all Medela breast pumps but besides the Calma bottles, making it easy to pump, shop and feed into the lapp container .
Medela Storage Bottles Review
Medela memory bottles can be used to store breast milk in the refrigerator or deep-freeze. These bottles come with screw-on lids that help cut down on leaks that you may experience with summit milk storehouse bags. besides unlike a bag, these bottles won ’ triiodothyronine be punctured if they toss around in the deep-freeze .
This set up solicitation includes :
- Six 5-ounce bottles
- Six screw-on lids
- One quick clean micro-steam bag
- Wide bottles for easier cleaning.
- Compatible with Medela pumps.
- The bottles can be sterilized for the health of your baby.
- The ounce markings on these bottles are hard to read.
- When heating the bottles from the freezer, the plastic gets soft.
Key Features and Benefits
- These storage bottles are 5 ounces.
- They can be used in the top rack of the dishwasher and in the microwave.
- These bottles can be sterilized with Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam bags.
- The bottles work with Medela pumps, which means you can pump into them, screw a lid on and put them right in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Because the lids are one piece, they are straightforward and quick to use.
- These bottles are designed to withstand heating in a bowl of warm water right after being removed from the freezer – the milk will thaw in minutes because of how thin the bottle is.
Ease of Use
Breast milk storage doesn ’ t get any easier than this. unlike bags that can be hard to pour breastmilk into without experiencing spills when the bag doesn ’ thymine want to stay open, these bottles are foolproof when it comes to spilling. You put the milk in and just screw the lid on. That ’ s all there is to it. There ’ randomness no mess to clean up when you ’ re done .
The print on these storage bottles seems to be of a lower choice than other Medela bottles – the snow leopard markers are harder to read, and they seem to rub off after a while. That might be a cover breaker for moms who are cautiously tracking their baby ’ s intake of milk .
The lids, however, have a nice snug burst to the bottle, which in truth helps to avoid leaks while you are storing breastmilk in the refrigerator and deep-freeze. That ’ south bang-up because no ma wants to lose one cute ounce of summit milk after all the function it takes to collect it .
How Do They Compare?
Let ’ s take a look at Medela Storage Bottles versus other popular brands .
1. Ameda Breast Milk Storage Bottles
The hat for these memory bottles comes in two pieces, unlike the Medela stigmatize. You can take the center character off the hat and insert a nipple to use it as a feed bottle. That may appeal to women who aren ’ thyroxine particular about what type of bottle they use for fertilize, but moms who are trying to mimic a breastfeed experience may prefer the Medela storage bottles because they can put the contents into their favored bottle for feed .
2. Lansinoh Breastmilk storage bottles
These bottles are similar to Medela ’ mho storehouse bottles. If you already have a Lansinoh pump, you may want these bottles for compatibility. But, for moms who are worried about their penetrate line, Medela storage bottles are cheaper .
3. Kiinde Breast Milk Storage Twist Pouch
This token is a hybrid of a repositing bottle and a storehouse bag. Moms who don ’ triiodothyronine want to worry about leaks may like that these single-use pouches are ampere leak-proof as a bottle. But moms who don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to spend the excess money to replace these disposable units may prefer the Medela storage bottles .
Who Should Buy These Storage Bottles?
When you ’ rhenium breastfeed, you need a way to store a set of milk in the refrigerator and deep-freeze for the times you won ’ triiodothyronine be around your child. You need that milk to be plug because it takes so much meter and effort to pump it.
But you besides need to find storage units that won ’ t bleed you dry. Medela storage bottles fit that bill — they are a dependable way to store your breast milk and they are low-cost .
Do I Need Bottles If I Plan to Breastfeed?
Breastfeeding is an excellent choice for your child, and you may think you don ’ t need equally much equipment, but even moms who are breastfeeding need to have bottles around .
Reasons You Need to Invest in Bottles:
- You’ll need to pump milk in advance if you are going back to work.
- You’ll need a bottle so your babysitter can feed your baby when you are gone.
- Dads don’t have operational boobs, but they still like getting the opportunity to feed their babies. Having baby bottles on hand gives them that father-child bonding time that is so crucial to their relationship.
Before committing to any stylus or brand of bottles, you need to figure out what you ’ re looking for .
Things to Consider When Purchasing Bottles:
- Do they leak?
- Are they easy to clean?
- Are they cost-efficient?
- If you want glass or plastic bottles, and how safe the bottle materials are for your baby.
- Do the bottles have anti-colic features? Bottles with angled tops or vents can cut back on how much air your baby takes it, which in turn cuts back on gas and spit-up. These aren’t necessary for every baby, but if your baby experiences problems, they are nice to have.
- Will the nipple type on the bottle confuse your baby as they switch between bottles and breastfeeding?