Reading: How To Microwave Asparagus
Fast, Easy and the QUICKEST way to get Asparagus on the table in a hurry! How to Microwave Asparagus will show you the Best Way to Microwave Asparagus Out there!
Why This Recipe Works
- Best Asparagus Recipes there are for the microwave
- You can choose between three different ways
How It’s Done
Wet the paper towels with a little amount of water ( about 2 tablespoons ) .
Wrap the asparagus up burrito style in the wet towels .
Microwave for 4 minutes. Be careful removing because they are hot !
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Is It OK to Microwave Asparagus?
Yes, it’s fine to microwave Asparagus. You ’ ll want to know precisely how to do therefore or you ’ ll end up with Asparagus with undercooked or overcook asparagus !
Check below for the three best ways to microwave a Asparagus .
How Long to Microwave a Asparagus?
4 minutes and then for 20 second intervals until heated through .
Microwave Vs. Boil, Grill or Steamed?
We p refer boiled, grilled or steamed Asparagus, but in truth, it ’ s up to you and sometimes getting something to eat RIGHT NOW is more significant than relish .
If you are concerned about boiling water, I can show you how to do that !
Follow the directions below to get a batch of spirit from your microwaved asparagus !
Can You Eat Asparagus Raw?
Yes, ABSOLUTELY! They taste better cooked first though .
Can you Get Sick From Undercooked Asparagus?
not unless your Asparagus is out of date, moldy or spoiled in some other manner .
Can I Microwave a frozen Asparagus?
Yes, you can. You will need to use the thaw function on your microwave first gear though. Frozen Asparagus will be much more delicate and diskette and you will want to use wish in microwaving them .
Do NOT wrap in towel, alternatively, put in a dish with a few tablespoons of water and microwave for 30 seconds and then 15 second intervals till hot all the way through .
How to Steam Asparagus in the Microwave without a steamer?
The recipe at the bottomland of this page will teach you how to do barely that. All you need are some paper towels and water .
How to Microwave Asparagus in Water
We do NOT recommend this method, however if you in truth want to do this method, this is how it ’ randomness done…
- position Asparagus in a microwave safe bowl and report with urine .
- Heat on high for 4 minutes .
- Stir the water and
- Check temp of urine and Asparagus .
- repeat in 20 second intervals until heated through .
CAUTION: The water will be HOT. Be VERY CAREFUL removing it from the microwave. It is BEST to use a fork to remove the Asparagus and THEN allow the water to cool before removing the stadium of water .
PRO TIP : You will add a TON of FLAVOR by cooking the Asparagus in chicken broth rather of water .
How to Microwave Asparagus in a Wet Paper Towel
Check out the recipe below for how to microwave Asparagus in a newspaper towel .
How to Make Cooked Asparagus Taste Good
The unavowed to asparagus that tastes good is to cook it correctly ( follow the recipe at the bed of the page ) and then, if you want to add more spirit add one or two of these…
- scattering with salt and pepper .
- Add a chuck of butter .
- Try Lemon pepper seasoning
- onion powderize
- Garlic powder
- Garlic salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- salad dressings like beloved mustard, ranch or thousand island .
- A daunt of embrown boodle or beloved
How to reheat Asparagus in a microwave
To reheat Asparagus in the microwave ,
- wrap them in a damp paper towel ( wet the paper towel and compress equally much water back out as you can, then gently pull the paper towel apart to flatten )
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds and repeat at 10 second intervals until heated through as you prefer .
How Long Does a Cooked Asparagus Keep?
- Cooked Asparagus, if kept covered and refrigerated should be good for 5 days.
- Do not allow cooked Asparagus to sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours .
What To Serve With Microwaved Asparagus?
You ’ ll very love some bare frozen seafood like shrimp or lobster with your asparagus or how about a delicious ground beef ?
TIPS & TRICKS for the perfect Microwaved Asparagus
- starting signal with great asparagus ! You ’ ll look for spears that are bright park with a slenderly imperial hue. The bud ends should be well formed and tightly conclude. The stem ends should not be brown. here ’ s what the USDA has to say about asparagus
- Use good timbre towels, you don ’ metric ton want littletowel hairs coming off on your food .
- Try a pungency of a raw asparagus, the cook asparagus should distillery retain some of this crunch and bright greens spirit .
- Trim off the last several inches of your asparagus before cook. The bow end can be quite arboraceous to chew. Personally, I only eat the bud end and the following 3 or so edge, but that ’ s me .
- When you purchase your clean asparagus, bring it home, cut off the last 3 inches of the bow end and put them in a glass of fresh water ( like you would flowers ). This will help keep it fresh until you are quick to eat them .
If you enjoyed this microwave recipe, you might also enjoy these other microwave recipes…
Microwave Hot Dogs
How to Microwave Corn on the Cob
YA’LL HELP ME OUT, OK?
Please leave me a comment and 5 STAR ( 🌟 🌟🌟🌟 🌟 ) review, I ALWAYS love to hear from you and your comments MAKE MY DAY! ( Plus, it helps me out by letting everyone know that this is the place to find good recipes ! )
How To Microwave Asparagus
Fast, Easy and Ready in a minute this microwave asparagus recipe will have you sitting down to dinner with a fresh delightful fleeceable side serve .
from 1 vote
Read more: Microwave Baked Potato – Baking Mischief
- 2 terabyte water
- 1 bunch together of Asparagus
- Wet a composition towel with the 2 Tbs of water. Squeeze out any excess body of water from the composition towel .
- Wrap the wallpaper towel around the Asparagus .
Heat on high for 4 minutes.
- Check if the Asparagus is hot enough .
Repeat in 20 second intervals until Asparagus is heated through.
- You can use this recipe for as many Asparagus as you like, but wrap them with no more than 8 stalks together.
- If you are cooking more Asparagus, increase the time accordingly.
- Top your heated Asparagus with a pat of butter, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- You might also like your asparagus topped with salad dressing (personally I like Ranch on mine).
- There’s an entire list in the post for topping ideas.
PRO TIP: If you want even MORE flavor out of your Asparagus, wet the paper towel with chicken broth instead of water.
How To Microwave Asparagus
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 30IU
Vitamin C 1mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
Tried this recipe ? Mention @ loavesanddishes or tag # loavesanddishes
A VERSE TO SHARE
There is then much variety show in the things we have to eat. I ’ m so grateful for that !
evening though, I much eat the same things day in and day out, I ’ thousand grateful for the variety show I COULD eat!
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
And God said, “ Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the confront of all the earth, and every tree with sow in its fruit. You shall have them for food