promptly Answer : How to Melt Chocolate Chips in the Microwave
To melt chocolate chips in the microwave, transfer 2/3rd of the cocoa chips into a Pyrex or a borosilicate stadium. Set the microwave to 50 % ability. Melt it for 15-20 second. Stir the chocolate with a rubber or a silicone spatula every 15 seconds. When melted wholly, add 1/3rd of the cocoa chips. Repeat the summons till it turns smooth .
There are very few people in this world who don ’ thymine love chocolates & the chocolate-lovers feel a vehement need to add chocolate in each & every dessert they make .
indeed, here we have cocoa chips as our rescue. Chocolate chips can be melted & made into sauce, added to cakes, muffins, crepes, etc .
There can be a lot of trouble oneself & work involved in melting cocoa chips & surely the mess after that is ineluctable & disappoint.
All this pain can be avoided plainly by using a microwave to melt the cocoa chips. Using a microwave to do it can give you the best results promptly & easily .
indeed, here ’ s a comprehensive article with tips, instructions & frequently asked questions on how you can appropriately & safely melt chocolate chips in the microwave & use it further to make amazing recipes .
How to Prepare the Chocolate Chips for Melting in a Microwave
Transfer the chocolate chips from their master package into a microwave-safe stadium, preferably a borosilicate glassware, Pyrex glass roll, or ceramic ware .
Keep 1⁄3rd of the chocolate chips apart. This should be added subsequently to a character of the dissolve chocolate .
Do not melt the cocoa chips in a fictile container or a metallic container as the chocolate may stick to the bowl & burn off .
How to Melt Chocolate Chips in the Microwave
active clock time :
entire time :
Transfer 2/3rd of the chocolate chips into a Pyrex or borosilicate bowling ball & set the microwave to 50 % power & fade it for 15-20 second .
Stir the chocolate with a rubber or a silicon spatula every 15 seconds .
When melted completely, add 1/3rd of the cocoa chips & repeat the process till it turns smooth .
- A microwave-safe dish or bowl, preferably something made of Pyrex glass, Borosilicate glass, ceramic.
- A heat-resistant rubber or silicone spatula
- A bowl
- A food thermometer
- Transfer the chocolate chips into a glass bowl – Take the chocolate chips out from the original package & place it into a microwave-safe bowl, ideally a Pyrex glass bowl or a Borosilicate container, or ceramic ware.
Keep 1⁄3rd of the chocolate chips aside. This should be added later to a part of the melted chocolate. Make sure to transfer the chocolate into something that makes the melting process visible from the outside.
- Microwave settings – Set the microwave to medium heat settings or 50% power level & place the bowl of chocolate chips to be melted inside it. Melt it for around 15 – 20 seconds & keep stirring.
The melting of chocolate chips will usually begin at temperatures around 90°F. Do not exceed the temperature of 115°F as the chocolate chips may burn.
- Stir the melted chocolate – Take the bowl of semi-molten chocolate chips out of the microwave & use a rubber or a silicone spatula to stir the chocolate chips every 15 sec to prevent any burning.
Then, keep it back in the microwave & melt again for 15 sec. Stirring also helps the chocolate to reach a smooth & rich consistency & prevent any formation of lump that may occur due to heating.
Once you notice most of the chocolate chips melt into a smooth consistency, then add the rest of the chocolate chips that were kept aside & stir.
Put it back in the microwave for around 15 sec to melt. Continue the process similarly as before.
- Check the temperature – If you are unable to understand the consistency of the melted chocolate & notice few partially melted chunks in it even after a long time, then check the temperature of the melted bowl of chocolate with a food thermometer.
If the thermometer records a temperature of around 115°F, then stop melting the chocolate chips immediately, or else it will burn.
- Allow the chocolate chips to melt fully – After switching off the appliance, wait for a while to let all the partially melted chocolate chips melt completely as chocolate continues to melt even after withdrawal from the heat .
Keep stirring even after switching off the microwave to reach a very smooth consistency.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the microwave – After the entire chocolate is melted, remove the melted chocolate from the appliance when it seems glossy & shiny using an oven mitt or potholders as the bowl will be extremely hot.
Pour it in another cool bowl for further use in your cakes, crepes, or any other amazing dessert
Preparation time: No such preparation required Temperature: 104°F – 113°F You can besides check out this television from ‘ HersheysKitchens ’ duct where Hershey ’ s baking technical, Linda Stahl demonstrates how easy it is to melt cocoa chips in the microwave .
Tips to Remember
Please follow the tips while melting chocolate chips in a microwave promptly & safely :
- Use microwave-safe containers – Use a microwave-safe dish or bowl, preferably something made of Pyrex glass, Borosilicate glass, ceramic to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Please check the bottom of the container to read labels that indicate whether it’s safe or not to use it in the microwave.
- Do not use a lid or a wrap over the bowl of chocolate chips – If a lid or wrap is used to cover the bowl of chocolate chips, then it will trap in all the moisture formed due to the melting & this extra moisture will cause undesirable lumps to form in the chocolate .
- Refrain from using metal or foam containers – Do not use any metal containers in the microwave. Avoid using foam trays or aluminum foils, paper napkins & colored paper plates as they can melt or release toxins .
- Use a heat-proof rubber or silicon spatula – A bendable spatula should be used to mix the chocolate chips thoroughly. It should be resistant to heat or else there is a chance of the chemical leaching into the chocolate .A spatula made of rubber or silicone is the best to use here. Make sure to not use a wooden spatula as the melted chocolate may obtain the flavor or smell of it & this may cause some unwanted change in the original taste of the chocolate.
- Check the temperature – The chocolate chips may burn at higher temperatures so it is better to check the temperature using a food thermometer. The temperature should be maintained between 104°F – 113°F to prevent any accidental burning or undesirable results.
- Keep stirring – Do not leave the chocolate chips to melt on their own in the microwave. Make sure to use a spatula to keep stirring & mixing the newly formed melted chocolate to maintain a uniform consistency & spread the heat evenly.
- Allow standing time – If you find any partially melted chocolate chips in the already melted chocolate then do not keep heating. Let it rest for a while & you will find the partially melted chocolate chips have melted automatically without any external heat.
- Use dry containers & spatula – Any amount of moisture or water that comes in contact with the hot melting chocolate can turn it into a hard lump or make it unsmooth. So, do not use a spatula or a bowl that has droplets of water in it.
- Do not melt the entire bag of chocolate chips at one go – Keep at least 1/3rd of the chocolate chips to be added later to the bowl of hot melting chocolate. This helps in even melting of the entire chocolate chips into a thick, rich & smooth mix .
- Remove the hot bowl of melted chocolate carefully – The bowl of melted chocolate will turn very hot by now, so use an oven mitt or potholders to remove it from the microwave.
- Do not overheat or melt in high heat – Extremely high heat can burn the chocolate entirely or make it grainy & dry with a very sticky texture. Carry out the process slowly & melt in low heat.
How to Melt Chocolate Wafers in the Microwave
Preparation time: No such cooking is required
Active time: 1 hour
Temperature: Medium heat
What You Need:
- A microwave-safe dish or bowl, preferably something made of Pyrex glass, Borosilicate glass, ceramic.
- A heat-resistant rubber or silicone spatula.
Transfer the cocoa wafers into a heat-resistant stadium
Take the cocoa wafers out from the original package & seat them into a microwave-safe bowl, ideally a Pyrex glass bowl or a Borosilicate container, or a ceramic container .
Set the microwave to medium heat settings or 50 % exponent flush & place the bowl of chocolate wafers to be melted inside it. Melt it for around 15 – 20 seconds. Remove the bowling ball & bustle .
Melt it for an extra 10 – 15 sec for all the chocolate wafers to melt completely .
Remove the bowl of mellow cocoa from the microwave
When the chocolate has about melted & few lumps of cocoa can be seen, then it ’ s a good time to take it out of the microwave using potholders or an oven baseball glove .
Keep stimulate for the lumps to smoothen into the liquid chocolate & there you have molten chocolate ready to be used .
Alternate Ways to Melt Chocolate Chips
You can besides melt the cocoa chips easily & efficiently on a stovetop.
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave
For this, you will need a potentiometer or a saucepan, a heat-resistant roll that can fit perfectly into the pot & a bendable heat-proof rubber or silicon spatula & water .
Fill the pot with water up to few inches & fit the roll into the pot or the pan, whichever you are using & ensure the bottom international relations and security network ’ thymine touching the body of water below in the toilet .
entirely the boundary of the bowl should rest on the edge of the pan .
Heat the urine on a depleted flame & turn off the heat when the urine starts simmering. then add 2/3rd of the chocolate chips to be melted into the bowl & get down stirring gently with the spatula .
When the cocoa has melted wholly & is smooth, then add the rest of the chocolate chips into it .
Keep stirring. After stirring for a while, we will find that all the cocoa chips have melted into a chummy, gooey cocoa mix & then remove it from over the pot for further use .
You can besides check out this video from ‘ Chatelaine Magazine ’ transmit where melting cocoa in a double-boiler is easily demonstrated & you can follow the same room to melt cocoa chips as well .
Chocolate chips can besides be melted perfectly using a crockpot or slow cooker .
Set the slowly cooker on low hotness & add the cocoa chips into it. Keep stirring the chocolate chips occasionally & check if it is getting excessively hot .
After the chocolate chips melt into a smooth, bright chocolate mix, turn off the heat & remove the fade chocolate into a cool bowl .
How to Store Melted Chocolate Chips
Pour the leftover melted chocolate chips onto parchment paper, or keep it in a glass bowl & tightly wrap it & store it in the refrigerator for a few days. If you want to store it for months, then keep the bowl of leftover chocolate in the fridge for a day before storing it in the freezer.
If you happen to have any leftover melted chocolate chips, then make sure to save them for late .
You can pour it over a tabloid of parchment & storehouse it in the refrigerator for a few days. In this room, reusing the melt cocoa chips will besides be easy & it will not take a lot meter to scrape out the cocoa .
You can besides keep it in a glass bowl & memory it but do not leave it unwrap as the chocolate may take up the smell of early food items stored in the electric refrigerator & lose its authenticity & flavor .
If you want to store it for longer, keep it in the deep-freeze after keeping it in the refrigerator for a sidereal day .
Do not store it in an airtight fictile container as it will be unmanageable to remove the chocolate & besides don ’ t let the melt cocoa chips sit on the counter to cool as this will unnecessarily harden the chocolate .
How to Melt Milk Chocolate Chips in the Microwave
Break the cocoa into bantam pieces or you can use milk cocoa chips to melt in the microwave .
Keep it in a microwave-safe bowl, preferably something made of Pyrex methamphetamine, Borosilicate methamphetamine, ceramic .
Set the microwave to medium heat degree & heating system the chocolate for 30 – 60 second. Stir the chocolate after every 15 securities and exchange commission to prevent overheating & cauterize .
heat it for an increase of 10 – 15 second if the chocolate has not melted by rights initially & there you have it ready .
Do not exceed the temperature of 115°F while melting the milk chocolate or it will lose its consistency & become farinaceous .
How to Prevent the Chocolate Chips from Burning while Melting in the Microwave
Do not keep melting the chocolate chips till each & every sting blend with the dissolve fluid .
You need to remove it when the surface becomes glistening & glazed & while there are still few partially melted chocolate chips present to let the residual heat smoothen the remainder. Keep stirring while doing so .
If the dissolve chocolate is already overheated, then pour it down in a cool bowl & mix more chocolate chips into it .
Keep stir & blend then that rest of the chocolate chips besides melt & blend into a legato chocolate mixture .
How to Melt Dark Chocolate Chips in the Microwave
Chop the milk chocolate into bantam pieces or you can use benighted chocolate chips to melt in the microwave. Keep it in a microwave-safe bowl, ideally something made of Pyrex glass, Borosilicate glass, ceramic .
Set the microwave to medium heat floor & heat the chocolate for 15-30 secant .
Stir the cocoa after every 15 securities and exchange commission to prevent bite. Heat it for an increase of 10 – 15 second if the cocoa has not melted properly initially & there you have the smoothest, gooiest melted dark chocolate .
You can add a pinch of salt to remove the bitterness of the dark chocolate .
Do not exceed the temperature of 120°F while melting the dark cocoa or it will lose its texture & may overheat & burn .
Can Melted Chocolate Chips be Reheated? Yes, dissolve chocolate chips can be reheated in a microwave or a double boiler with no switch in flavor or texture. You can besides add melt chocolate or more chocolate chips to the mix while reheating it.
If you are using a microwave to reheat the cocoa the estrus it for 30 second & keep rousing for an even & polish dissolve cocoa. How to Keep the Melted Chocolate Chips from Hardening? Keep the bowl of melted chocolate chips floating over a bowling ball of warm water so that the cocoa does not cool adequate to harden but it is besides not warmly enough to burn or spoil.
You can besides heat a cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of corn syrup together in a pan and then pour over the bowl of melt cocoa chips.
Allow the concoction to rest for a while, then mix it by rights till it blends & you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months & use it any time.
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
I hope this comprehensive article helped you in melting chocolate chips in the microwave easily .
If you have any queries regarding the process, feel free to ask us. besides, if you know any other methods or tips please let us know so we can add them to our article to make it even better !
Do partake this with your family & friends who may want to melt chocolate chips in the microwave & help them out besides .