These caramel popcorn balls are made in the microwave in merely 15 minutes ! Covered in dulcet, gooey caramel and absolutely chewy and crunchy .
This post may contain affiliate links. learn disclosure policy
Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls
I ’ m obsessed with all things caramel ! I love the rich, gold spirit and how decadent it tastes in desserts. These caramel popcorn balls are a favored, adenine well as microwave yellowish brown candies, caramel apple dip, homemade brittle and peanut brittle .
These caramel popcorn balls are adapted from my microwave yellowish brown popcorn recipe and taste SO delicious ! They ’ re covered in a sugared, gooey caramel sauce and are perfectly chewy and crunchy .
The best thing about them is that they are then bare to make and will take only about 15 minutes from start to finish. You don ’ metric ton even need to turn on the stove and pull out the candy thermometer. easy peasy !
Kids of all ages ( tied adults ) love popcorn balls. These would make the perfect regale for any fall or Halloween party ! You could even add in some extras like M & M ’ south, sugarcoat corn, chopped nuts or sprinkles. therefore fun !
Reasons to Love Them
- Made in the microwave. No stove or oven required! Only the microwave is used.
- Ready in 15 minutes. Your popcorn balls will be ready in 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Kid and adult approved. This is a fun treat for ALL ages – everyone always love them!
- Perfect for parties. Individual bite-sized treats are great for entertaining.
- Makes a great gift. Homemade gifts are always better in my opinion. Simply wrap in gift wrap, tie with a bow and add a gift tag!
How to Make Popcorn Balls
To prepare, lay a patch of wax or parchment composition on the counter or on a baking sheet. Use a pocket of pre popped popcorn or make microwave or stovetop popcorn with bracing corn kernels. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl and set apart .
- Cook caramel in microwave. Add butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for one minute. Stir and cook two additional minutes for chewy popcorn balls. If you like crunchy popcorn balls, cook an additional minute.
- Add in vanilla and baking soda. Remove caramel mixture from microwave and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Coat popcorn with caramel and form into balls. Pour caramel over popcorn and stir until well coated. Allow to cool slightly. Grease hands with butter (or use wax paper or gloves) and shape the popcorn into 2-inch balls.
TIP: To test if your caramel has reached a cushy ball, grab a cup of methamphetamine water. then dip a spoon in the caramel and then dip it into the methamphetamine water. It should form a piano ball ( chewy caramel ). If it ’ randomness calm stringy, cook an extra infinitesimal .
These popcorn balls taste delectable as-is, but feel spare to add in extras if desired. You could evening drizzle the tops with dissolve chocolate. Such a fun direction to make these treats a little more gay around the holidays !
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Candy corn
To keep them fresh, you can either wrap them individually with credit card wrap or store them in a nothing lead bag or airtight container. They will keep at room temperature for up to 2 weeks .
5 star review
“ Excellent recipe ! so very easy ! And fun to make. May husband and I did it together to make large popcorn balls for the exalted children for Christmas. We decided this should be a modern Christmas tradition ! ”– Patricia
More Easy Popcorn Recipes:
Caramel Popcorn Balls
These caramel popcorn balls are made in the microwave in just 15 minutes! Covered in sweet, gooey caramel and perfectly chewy and crunchy.
- 10-12 cups popped popcorn , I used tight-fitting start
- 1/2 cup butter , cut into pieces
- 1 cup lightly brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking sodium carbonate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- apprehension strategic arms limitation talks
Optional mix in’s: chopped nuts, m&m’s, candy corn, sprinkles
Lay a piece of wax or parchment paper on the counter or on a baking sheet. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
Place butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for one minute. Stir and cook two additional minutes for chewy popcorn balls. If you like crunchy popcorn balls, cook an additional minute. Remove from microwave. Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
Pour caramel over popcorn and stir until well coated. Allow to cool slightly.
Grease hands with butter (or use wax paper or gloves) and shape the popcorn into 2-inch balls. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap or store in a zip top bag or airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- For a fun twist, mix in m&m’s, candy corn and/or nuts.
- One batch goes a long way. It will typically make 24 (2-inch balls), but depending on the size could make more or less.
Tip: To test if your caramel has reached a delicate ball, grab a cup of ice rink water. then dip a spoon in the caramel and then dip it into the ice water. It should form a soft ball ( chewy yellowish brown ). If it ’ mho inactive stringy, cook an extra hour .