OMG, you guys. This cinnamon roll microwave mug cake recipe has become one of my kin ’ s front-runner quick and easy desserts to make .
A childlike, healthier treat, yet fabulously damp, comfortable, and the best single-serving dessert out there ( to share or not to share ) ! Mug patty for one or two !
Microwavable chump cakes are sol commodious, specially if you live in a dormitory and don ’ t have entree to an oven or you just don ’ thyroxine want to fire it up .
You likely have ALL the ingredients in your pantry good now ! Perfect for when you get that late night craving. Or want a little batch dessert ( and not whip out a giant star baking pan to make brownies to nip that craving ). This mug dessert IS FOR YOU ! ! If you haven ’ t made this yet, you are 100 % missing out .
If you ’ ra looking at a delightful and easy way to serve cinnamon wind good to a crowd, try my Cinnamon Roll Casserole. It ’ mho besides an casual recipe to throw together, but decidedly decadent and not a healthy as this mug cake. Let ’ s get to all of the delicious details !
BEST Mug Cake recipe!
badly though, you ’ re credibly thus over mug cakes and you ’ re credibly rolling your eyes at me right now, but STOP ! I promise you, this isn’t like any other mug cake out there. Read all of the POSITIVE reviews in the gossip department .
I ’ ve tried a crowd of chump cakes and I hated them .
I thought they were a in truth neat concept for a quick dessert fix, but nothing would ever beat baking an entire coat or cupcake. I hated that all the mug cakes came out SPONGY and they had the grossest texture. But not this one ! I feel like the secret to a light, tender, amazing texture in mug cakes comes from leaving out the eggs. That ’ s right ! No testis in this recipe. It ’ s not merely easier to make a mug coat without an egg, but it turns out so much tastier !
even my finical kiddos loved this single-serve countenance cake recipe. They ’ re such huge fans, we ’ ve already made this more times than I could count. tied for a extra breakfast cover ! This chump cake has all of the classical flavors of your favorite cinnamon roll, but without any of the roll and waiting !
What is a mug cake?
I still seem to get this motion a bunch and a mug patty is literally as it sounds. A cake that is made in a mug! It ’ south great because you don ’ t need to whip out a bunch of tools to make this bare dessert recipe. Just pop it in the microwave and it ’ s done in a matter of minutes !
One of the best things about this countenance patty recipe is that it ’ s made with basic ingredients that you credibly already have in your kitchen. For this recipe you ’ ll indigence :
- Flour. For best results, use either all-purpose flour or Kodiak Cakes pancake mix. I’m sure other pancake mixes would work great too!
- Baking powder. To give the cake a bit of a rise. If you’re using a pancake mix, you won’t need this ingredient because it’s already included in the mix.
- Milk. I use unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk, but any milk variety will work fine.
- Maple syrup. For sweetening the cake. If you don’t have maple syrup, you can use granulated sugar or brown sugar, but may need a bit more milk for consistency.
- Vanilla extract. Gives this treat a boost of flavor!
- Oil or butter. A small amount of oil or butter will ensure that your mug cake has the perfect moist texture.
- Brown sugar + cinnamon. Swirled into the top of the mug cake for that classic cinnamon roll flavor! If you don’t have brown sugar, regular granulated sugar will work in a pinch.
How to make a mug cake:
This healthy chump cake recipe could not be easier ! If you don ’ thymine believe me, watch the video tutorial located in the recipe card. hera ’ s the dim-witted work :
- Prep the mug. Start by greasing a microwavable mug with cooking spray, butter or oil.
- Combine cake ingredients. Mix together flour (or pancake mix), baking powder, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and oil (or melted butter) inside the mug. Add 1-2 tablespoons more of milk, if needed for consistency. You want the batter to stay thick, but not be too dry. Alternatively, ingredients can be stirred together in a small bowl and then transferred to the mug.
- Cinnamon/sugar topping. Whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the mug cake batter, in the mug. Use the tip of a knife to swirl the cinnamon mixture into the top of the batter. (See above photo.)
- Bake. Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 25 seconds. Remove the mug from the microwave and, if desired, transfer the mug cake to a plate. Be careful as the mug will most likely be SUPER hot. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Don ’ t over-mix your cake dinge ! Mix until all ingredients are good combined. Over-mixing can cause your cake to become sturdy .
Can this mug muffin be made in the oven?
I personally have not cooked this particular mug cake recipe in the oven. Feel absolve to experiment, though, and give it a test. Based on some other exchangeable mug cake recipes, if I were going to try this one in the oven, I would bake at 350ºF for about 14 minutes. If you give it a try, please comment on this post and let us know how it worked out for you .
Gluten-free mug cake
This chump coat wholly works using gluten-free pancake mix ! hera ’ s what one lector had to say :
“ precisely have to let you know that this was fantastic ! I am gluten-free and egg-free so I used Pamela ’ s Pancake mix and left out the baking powderize – WONDERFUL ! The taste was bang-up and therefore then easy. I had some leftover powdered boodle frosting so I put a dollop of that on acme when it was still warm. JUST LIKE A CINNAMON ROLL. ” ~ Ashley
Mug cake variations
This mug cake is pretty perfect as-is, but there are lots of ways to change it up and customize the recipe based on what you ’ rhenium crave. here are some tasty options :
- Cinnamon roll icing. Enjoy this cinnamon roll mug cake with icing, just like a REAL cinnamon roll! Stir 2
powdered sugar with 1
milk (plus more as needed) until smooth.
- Pancake mix flavors. Pancake mixes come in lots of different fun flavors. Change things up and use a different flavor. Depending on what flavor you use, you may want to change up the cinnamon/sugar topping.
- Birthday mug cake. Leave the cinnamon/sugar topping off, add sprinkles and serve with Funfetti frosting and a scoop of ice cream. You could also swap the vanilla extract for cake batter extract, if you happen to have some.
- Coffee cake mug cake. Make the cake as instructed, but instead of adding the cinnamon/sugar topping, add a streusel topping. Mix 1
butter, 1 1/2
all-purpose flour, 1
brown sugar, 1/8
ground cinnamon and 1/8
teaspoon salt. Sprinkle the streusel over the cake batter and press gently with your fingers. Then, bake as directed.
More add-in options
- Small scoop of Nutella, almond butter or peanut butter
- Jam or jelly (or other fun spread)
- Chocolate chips (or other flavored baking chips)
TIPS & TRICKS
This mug coat recipe is actually straight-forward and easily to make, but here are a few tips indeed your dessert or bite is arrant every time !
- Different microwaves can vary in power and how fast they cook, so the first time you make this recipe, you’ll need to experiment a bit to make sure that the cook time is the correct length of baking time. At least, even if the cake comes out undercooked, there’s no need to worry about raw eggs!
- When I make this cinnamon mug cake, it’s done to my preference in one minute and 25 seconds at 100% power. If you’re new to making mug cakes, check the cake after one minute and you can always add time.
- I typically make the cake using oil, so I don’t have to worry about melting the butter. If you’d like to use butter, feel free to use unsalted or salted butter.
- A mug with straight sides is best to ensure that the cake bakes evenly. I use a microwave-safe 14-ounce mug, which is a great size to allow the cake to rise up while baking without overflowing. (You can fill your mug with water and then pour the water into a measuring cup to determine its capacity.)
- If you don’t happen to have microwave-safe mug, try using any of the following: small porcelain ramekin, small ceramic bowl, small glass prep or mise bowl.
- Be careful when removing the mug cake from the microwave. Your mug will most likely be VERY hot. Use a hot pad or oven mitt when removing it from the microwave.
This mug cake recipe is my go-to when I want a perfectly portioned, tasty sweetness dainty ! Use Kodiak Cakes pancake shuffle and this mug patty is healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast or a nosh ! And feel free to experiment – replace the cinnamon eddy topping with miniskirt chocolate chips or sprinkles .
More FAVORITE HEALTHY MUG CAKE RECIPES
If you try this mug cake recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Cinnamon Roll Microwave Mug Cake
This easy cinnamon roll microwave mug cake is the perfect treat when you’re craving a little something sweet!
- 1/4 cup general-purpose flour or Kodiak Cakes pancake mix*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk or early milk + 1-2 tablespoons more, as needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Read more: 1-Min Microwave Chocolate Baked Oats
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or melted butter**
- 1 tablespoon brown carbohydrate or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon background cinnamon
Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and then mix together flour (or pancake mix), baking powder, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and oil (or melted butter) inside. Add 1-2 tablespoons more of milk, if needed for desired consistency. You want the batter to stay thick, but not dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mix in mug. Use the tip of a tongue to swirl cinnamon shuffle into the top of the clobber .
- Microwave on high gear for about 1 minute and 25 seconds. Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate. love !
*All-purpose flour or ( my personal favorite ) Kodiak Cakes Flapjack mix will yield the best results. I ‘ve besides successfully used spell flour. other flour will likely work, but may change the texture of the coat. If using pancake mix, leave out the bake powder .
**Any oil or melted butter will work .
Please note that ALL microwaves are different consequently can yield different results and can overcook this mug cake if you are n’t careful. When trying this recipe for the first time, you might want to start with a 60-70 second cooking prison term at 100 % power .
No eggs ? Correct. There are NO EGGS in this recipe. Why ? egg is what makes the countenance coat spongy. If you think about it, when you bake a full-sized cake, you typically use 1 or 2 eggs … for a mug cake to use 1 egg is A bunch !
I ’ ve besides enjoyed this mug coat without the brown sugar topping and with a fiddling jam. Delicious either way ! Photos by Sasha at Eat Love Eats
Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ kimscravings on Instagram and be certain to subscribe to our mailing number to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox !