Foods to Avoid With an Ulcer
If you have been diagnosed with an ulcer, you know your food list has become slightly specify. Your body has credibly told you already what it does n’t like and what is o to eat. Listen to your consistency, and then do far research.
The problem with an ulcer is that different foods affect people differently. I have found that I am fine with garlic, although most websites say not to eat it. however, tomato-based crimson sauce will give me nightmares—so pizza is my number one enemy. consequently, the follow list may hold items that hurt your ulcer or have no impression. The best advice I can give you is to listen to your body .
Suggested Foods to Avoid
- Mint-flavored teas
- Chocolate milk/hot chocolate
- Coffee (decaf or regular)
- Teas (green or regular)
- Citrus (grapefruit, oranges, lemonade, etc.)
- Black and red pepper
- Chili powders
- Whole milk and dairy products made with whole milk
- Spicy cheeses
- Seasoned, fatty meats (bacon, prosciutto, sausage, etc.)
- Hot peppers and chilies
- Tomato-based products (tomato paste, tomato sauce, etc.)
So How Can I Eat Pizza?
After reading the above number, think you will never be able to eat pizza ? Think again . Enjoy this pizza without compunction .
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
|5 min||5 min|| 10 min
Read more: The Top 3 Ways to Reheat Pizza—Ranked
|1 personal-sized pizza|
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, whole—not cut in half
- 1 tablespoon hummus (choose a mild flavor)
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 container feta cheese
- Handful of spinach, washed and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take your pita bread and make sure it is left whole. Do not buy the kind that is pre-cut in half.
- Place the pita bread on your pizza pan.
- Spread the hummus on the pita bread. This is your pizza sauce.
- Add the other ingredients such as the olives, feta cheese, and spinach.
- Place the pizza in the oven.
- Bake for around five minutes or until just the edges of the pita bread are golden brown.
- Remove pizza and enjoy without remorse!
Ulcer-Friendly Pizza Recipe
This is another interpretation of the pizza. It has black olive hummus, spinach, the leftover feta, and some italian cheeses on top .
Additional Suggested Ingredients
other ingredients you could add :
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese instead of feta
- It is suggested to eat whole-grain foods while curing an ulcer. This is why I used a wheat pita bread.
- Even though garlic doesn’t bother me, I would not recommend purchasing a garlic hummus. For this recipe, I used a black olive hummus. I think a pine nut hummus would be delicious as well to boost flavor. Regular hummus would be great to use, too.
What Is an Ulcer?
An ulcer is damage in the line of the stomach. Your digest is actually coated with a mucus to keep the acids used to digest food from digesting the stomach angstrom well. sometimes, something happens and the acid gets to the lining of the abdomen and causes a huffy. This is the ulcer. There are many causes for one to occur. It could be from tension, a bacteria, or early reasons. Ulcers are by and large caused by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylorus ( H. pylorus ). This can be cured with a prescription from the doctor. other ulcers can be caused by taking ibuprofen or aspirin. Some ulcers are never determined what the lawsuit may have been.
Read more: Who Invented Pizza?
If an ulcer is caused by H. pylorus, the doctor prescribes a medication to kill the bacteria and another medicate to suppress abdomen acerb product. other causes will be given an acid suppressant prescription, such as Prilosec or Prevacid .
Symptoms of Ulcers
Symptoms include :
- hunger pains, often an hour or so after eating
- mild nausea
- pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen
- burning sensation in upper abdomen