Reading: How to Reheat Bacon in Microwave
*This stake may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more. Bacon is a front-runner food item used in many popular food dishes. You may not like to waste delectable leftover pieces of bacon if some of them are not consumed at the time .
No matter whether you prefer to microwave bacon or cook it on the stovetop, you can store cook bacon in a electric refrigerator or deep-freeze, and reheat to enjoy at anytime. No one wants to eat dried out or overcook bacon, so reheating bacon in the microwave can be a bite slippery .
How do you reheat bacon in the microwave ? To reheat bacon in the microwave, use a microwave safe plate lined with two layers of paper towels. Place the bacon in a single layer so that they are spaced apart evenly with no overlapping pieces. Microwave for 20 to 40 seconds to reheat the bacon to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, then serve and enjoy.
You can reheat newly prepare bacon and serve it hot to your guests. While reheating bacon, you will want to maintain its freshness, aroma, and brittleness .
In this guide, you will be provided with everything you need to know about using a microwave to reheat bacon. You will be presented with step by step instructions and helpful tips to reheat bacon in a microwave .
Keep learn to learn more about reheating bacon using a microwave and everything else that goes along with the process .
Can you reheat bacon in the microwave?
Yes, you can reheat bacon in the microwave. Actually, microwaves are specially designed to reheat food items, and bacon heats up perfectly.
Bacon can be heated in the microwave, pan fried or oven. The options are based on preference and cook tools available at the time .
The best thing with reheating bacon in the microwave is that it can be done within no clock, but you will have to limit the total of bacon pieces at a time. As a solution, you may have to use your microwave several times if you have to reheat enough strips for the stallion family .
Is it safe to reheat bacon in the microwave?
Yes, it is safe to reheat bacon in the microwave. Actually, it is a good idea to cook bacon in advance especially when you have a tight work schedule or expecting a large number of guests the very next day.
If you are cooking bacon in advance, then you should not make them crispy. Partially cooked bacon is the best option for serving crisp, delicate or chewy bacon to your guests after reheating in a microwave .
If the bacon is scantily cooked and still chewy, then you can reheat par cooked bacon until it becomes crisp or as per your wish. Once the bacon becomes crisp, you can not undue the floor of doneness.
Does the bacon texture change when reheated in the microwave?
When you reheat leftover bacon in the microwave, the texture will not change if store properly in the fridge or freezer.
While packing the cooked bacon for storage, you should wrap it tightly in a paper towel and stead into an airtight bag or sealed container without any delay. Bacon is a potentially hazardous food that must be kept under refrigeration in order to prevent spoil .
Though the microwave is the best way to reheat bacon cursorily, you will want to be careful reheating the fudge daintiness in order to maintain the texture, relish, and preferable doneness .
You can enjoy soft, crispy, and chewy bacon by following the tips to reheat them in a microwave:
- Spread a single layer of bacon strips onto a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel.
- Cover the bacon with another sheet of paper towel.
- Put the plate in the microwave and reheat bacon for 20 seconds.
- Check whether the pieces are hot enough, and if necessary you can microwave for an extra 20 seconds or until the bacon reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once they are done per your satisfaction, transfer the bacon strips to another plate with a clean paper towel to drain the excess grease. Serve and enjoy while still hot.
Your reheat chewy, gentle, and crispy bacon strips are ready to serve .
How to Store Cooked Bacon
Bacon should be stored under 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 2 hours of cooking. It will not only extend the life of your bacon, but also allow you to enjoy soft, chewy, and crispy bacon after reheating them in the microwave.
If you have leftovers for the other day or par cooked bacon in advance to save time on a busy day, then you should store cook bacon in an airtight container in your electric refrigerator or deep-freeze so they are fix to reheat .
You should not put them unwrapped into the electric refrigerator with other food items as it can absorb their smell or put off baseless scents into the electric refrigerator. additionally, the texture of your bacon can change due to exposure to air circulating in the electric refrigerator that will cause it to dry out .
additionally, freezing bacon can help you in retaining the season and succulence. If you have stored bacon in an airtight container in your deep-freeze, you can easily reheat leftover pieces .
When you have stored the cook bacon properly, then you must know how to reheat them by rights to maintain their taste and texture. After storing, you are decidedly going to want to reheat that leftover good !
Tips to Reheat Bacon in the Microwave
You can save a distribute of cooking time on a busy day by pre-cooking bacon strips ahead of clock, particularly when you are expecting some guests or have a feverish work agenda .
You can reheat them in your microwave within few seconds for you or serve your guests hot and delicious bacon .
Though you can reheat your bacon strips in different ways including a frying pan, oven, or microwave, however the microwave is considered as the best and quickest room to reheat them .
Here are a few tips to reheat your bacon in the microwave:
- Use a microwave-safe plate.
- Paper towels help to absorb excess fat and moisture as the bacon heat.
- Arrange the bacon strips is a single layer without overlapping or crowding.
- Cover the plate with another sheet of paper towels to reduce splatter and make cleanup a breeze.
- Microwave for short bursts to keep an eye on the strips of bacon. 10 to 20 seconds works best to continue checking back on the doneness.
- Cook until the bacon has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to follow the USDA food safety guidelines.
- Transfer the hot bacon to a clean sheet of paper towel to drain the excess fat.
- Allow the bacon to cool for one minute before serving, then it will have time to crispy up and be extra crunchy when its ready to eat.
- A microwave bacon cooker is recommended if you frequently cook bacon in he microwave. They feature a rich and drip tray which really cooks the bacon evenly and catches all of the grease in the bottom.
Best Way to Reheat Bacon in the Microwave
Though you can reheat bacon by using a frying pan or the oven, the best direction to give a freshen taste and texture them is to reheat bacon in a microwave. Using a microwave for reheating bacon strips allows you to complete the march cursorily with a fresh and delectable consequence .
But you may have to use your microwave several times if you have to reheat bacon for your family, as you can entirely reheat a circumscribed number of strips at one time .
Method to reheat bacon in microwave :
- Put a layer of bacon on a microwave-safe plate.
- Put a layer of paper towel on the plate.
- Put a layer of bacon strips on the paper towel.
- Microwave bacon for 10-20 seconds.
- Check the doneness of the bacon. Precooked bacon needs to be reheated to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before it is safe to eat.
- Reheat for a few seconds more if needed.
- Take out your bacon and put them on another plate covered with a paper towel.