What are Stasher bags?
pollution from single use plastic is one of the biggest environmental problems we are facing. As it takes hundreds of years for formative to wholly break down, they pollute oceans, thereby affecting our food chain, health, and climate .
Recycling is a feasible solution to this waste issue. however, habits that help limit the use of single-use plastic—one that homemakers, students, and children can do—can besides make a huge deviation.
One of these easy-to-do habits is to replace single-use plastic with reclaimable containers. The Stasher bag is specifically designed for this purpose. But what makes Stasher special is its food-grade silicone construction. This material is lightweight, durable, non-toxic, and can withstand extreme temperatures .
With these features combined, Stasher becomes highly multipurpose. Check out our list of top 10 perplex things to do with these silicone bag. After this, you ’ ll never look at your Stasher bags the same way again !
1. Pack lunch and snacks to go
- Store your picnic sandwiches and veggies with dip in a Stasher bag. It’s lightweight and slips right in your bag.
- Go zero-waste on road trips and hikes. Fill your silicone bags with trail mix, cookies, chips, and other yummy nibbles.
- Take ready-to-eat salads to work. Layers of colourful ingredients in a Stasher bag will make anyone excited for lunch.
2. Refresh stale bread
- No more good artisan bread going to waste! Simply dampen one side of your bread slices with water (or both sides for extra dry bread), place them in the Stasher, seal, then bake at 190C for 6 to 8 minutes. Do this with care and with coddled eggs baking so as not to waste oven heat.
3. Marinate, cook, and reheat
- Marinate your meats or fish in a Stasher. This lets you do away with bulky containers in the fridge. It’s leakproof, too.
- Steam your frozen or pre-cut vegetables. Place your sealed Stasher bag in boiling water for 10 minutes or so. This keeps the nutrients in without imparting unwanted flavours to your food.
- Use it to master sous vide cooking. No more harmful plastic chemicals getting into your food while you cook it for extended periods of time.
- Bake fish in it. It will keep the flesh moist while you get to enjoy an easy clean-up. Try this tasty baked salmon recipe at home.
- Warm or steam your food in the microwave. It’s perfect for thawing frozen food, too.
4. Make quick pickles
- Move over mason jars. Put your sous vide and Stasher bag together to have ready-to-eat pickles after just a day. Give it a go by following this simple pickling recipe.
5. Prep make-ahead meals
- Take on a busy work week with good breakfast in a Stasher. From fresh berries to microwave-ready pancakes, these bags save time and ensure healthy eating.
- No need to buy store-bought frozen veggies. Just put beans, carrots, corn in the Stasher then freeze. When ready to eat, simply thaw it out, season, and top with a knob of butter.
- Satisfy pizza or cookie cravings with a Stasher! Use the bag for storing your homemade dough in the freezer.
6. Reduce food waste
- Use it to keep herbs fresh longer. Place a bunch of soft herbs in a jar with some water, cover the top with a Stasher, then store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also wrap herbs with tougher stems in damp cloth, slip them in the bag, then chill. You can also use Stasher bags to freeze chopped herbs mixed with olive oil.
- Use it for storing veggie scraps and meat bones. Soup for winter? Good thing you have a labelled Stasher of carrot, celery, and onion trimmings in the freezer, ready for a quick chicken broth.
7. Make smoothies and ice cream
- Stasher got your cold treats covered. From healthy fruit smoothies to homemade ice cream, these silicone bags will have you busy for summer.
8. Organise your things for work and travel
- Make things easier to find with the see-through and colourful Stashers. Use them for storing small items like accessories, cables for your gadgets, and travel essentials like your passport. Did you know that your phone’s touchscreen works even when in a Stasher bag?
- Use it for storing wet swimsuits and washcloth. It will keep you luggage dry and odour-free.
- Store your toiletries in one bag. Use refillable containers for shampoo, soap, and lotion so you don’t have to buy them in small plastic bottles.
9. Turn them into treat bags
- Surprise friends with personalised presents. Make a spa or movie night gift packs the eco-friendly way.
- Fill it with candy or home-baked goods. Disposable treat bags are cute, but a reusable Stasher is better.
- Make your pets love afternoon walks even more. Treat-filled Stasher bags easily make any man’s best friend happy.
10. Make DIY cleaning essentials
- Ever tried making homemade baby wipes with a Stasher? This wipe solution recipe is a great way to limit the use of polyester-made wipes that take years to disintegrate.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing body scrub made with love. The Stasher will keep your scrub ready for the shower, sink, or travel. Better yet, tie it up with a ribbon and give it as a gift to a good friend in need of some well-deserved pampering.
Recipes, images, and video adapted from www.stasherbag.com. Learn more about their cagey tips and how-tos for sustainable life on their web log .
compendious article name
Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Stasher Bags
Love all things eco-friendly? Read this article and learn how you can organise, cook, and even whip up homemade ice cream with the amazing Stasher bags!
Read more: Baked Potato In The Microwave