is it condom to put a microwave in a cabinet ?
First of all, what type of microwave do you want to put in the cabinet ? If it ’ s the counter microwave, then you have to be very careful. You don ’ t want to risk your animation and your family liveliness by causing a fire.
The microwave is designed to stay in an open space. This is to help the vents circulate the air well. A cabinet doesn ’ thymine have enough unblock atmosphere, so it ’ s relatively easy for a microwave to catch fire .
Things you can do to make sure the cabinet is safer for the microwave .
1. Make indisputable the cabinet you intend to put the microwave is wide enough
That way, the microwave has enough space for breathing. I am assuming the cabinet you are putting the microwave is not a microwave cabinet. In that encase, it doesn ’ t have public discussion. When it is broad, it will help with breathing preventing a ardor from occurring. Don ’ triiodothyronine crusade the microwave to the end. Leave some space for public discussion .
2. Locate the ventilations
A counter microwave works on an capable distance. The ventilations are fitted either on the clear or sides. Those ventilations help in circulating the hot publicize and dust. Those vents should have a breathe area. Covering them will cause the microwave to overheat. so, make certain where you place the microwave, the vents are not covered .
3. Cleaning the microwave
The microwave has a self-cleaning system when it is on the counter. But when in a cabinet, it is intemperate for it to clean itself. Make certain you take the microwave out of the cabinet regularly. At least once after three months. Clean the vents with a speechless fabric when the microwave is away. This will help remove the debris and help the microwave to last long .
4. Put a reduce kit
After placing your microwave in a big cabinet, the opening doesn ’ thyroxine look so dependable. To improve the look, put a shipshape kit to help protect from dust and besides aid with the looks. Get the reduce kit out from the manufacturer so you can get the best fit. Adding the trim kit will add on the cost, but for the customs search, it is worth it .
When putting your microwave in a cabinet, there are a few things to consider :
- Check the instruction book on what type of clearance your microwave needs. Each microwave needs different clearances depending on the position of the vents.
- Do not put the microwave on a high cabinet where you can’t easily access it. You can burn yourself as when trying to get the food out of the microwave.
- Make sure the doors open well from inside the cabinet. If they don’t, you may need to call an expert to make them move easily. You don’t want to keep moving the microwave as this will reduce its life span.
- If the cabinet you choose to place the microwave is at a low level, make sure the cabinet has doors that can close to protect it from kids. Kids are very experimental; you don’t want them trying out things with the microwave and end up hurting themselves.
- Make sure the socket of the microwave fits right. A hanging code in the kitchen can cause an accident. You can make a hole in the cabinet at the back where the code passes to the socket. Or even better, call an expert to make sure it is fitted right.
- Make sure the place you choose to put your microwave is easy to access. You don’t want to be moving around with hot food, as this could be dangerous.
- If the microwave cabinet has doors, make sure when you are using the microwave, the cabinets are always open. Microwaves need to ‘breath.’ If they don’t, they can cause fire due to overheating.
Microwave in a cabinet and its advantages
- You can create more space in the kitchen area. With space, if you love cooking, you can enjoy it more.
- A microwave in the cabinet is safer for kids than on the counter. On the cabinet, you can lock it so that the kids can’t access it.
One disadvantage of placing a microwave in a cabinet is, due to the moisture and steamer produced when warming the food, the shelves and wooden surface surrounding the microwave might get destroyed. Make certain you keep checking and wiping the steam so the wood can last long .
termination on countertop microwave in cabinet
With the information, I hope it will be easily for you to make the decision. But remember the independent point is, when fitting the microwave in a cabinet, make surely you observe the right headroom. This will save you from fire accidents and besides increase the microwave ’ mho life span. If you are placid not sure about whether you need it in the cabinet, you can purchase a microwave stand as it will save you all the bustle and the panic of wondering if you did everything justly. Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast a well as a seaworthiness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade their kitchen with the best available products !
Read more: Microwave Baked Potato – Baking Mischief