We checked this ourselves in our kitchen and got to know that yes, you can microwave Pillsbury cookie dough.
The cookies made from this dough in the microwave are comestible but lack the outside brittleness and chewiness inside which is present in the oven-baked cookies .
The taste of cookies made in the microwave from Pillsbury cookie boodle is like to the adust ones but the texture is much different. In the oven, cookies are heated from outside inaugural, and in the microwave, they are heated inside first. This makes the cookies less chewy or crisp and they can be called as tough.
even though if you want to cook Pillsbury cookie dough in the microwave, cook it for less than 40 seconds on high. The taste will be all right to eat but they will be flat like a postcard and won ’ metric ton be crispy from outside and chewy from inwardly .
Benefits of cooking Pillsbury cookie dough in a microwave:
- There is no need for preheating.
- In less than a minute, the cookies are ready to eat.
- The plate in which cookies are made is easier to wash.
- This is an energy-efficient option.
Some tips to follow while microwaving Pillsbury cookie dough:
- Let the cookies sit for around 2 minutes after microwaving as cookies may feel under-done initially but when they are left for some time, they will harden.
- Never use a metal tray to microwave Pillsbury cookie dough as a metal tray cannot go in the microwave.
- Cooking time may differ depending on the power of the microwave. Therefore, while microwaving, you have to watch the cookies closely so that they do not get burned.
How to microwave Pillsbury cookie dough in a mug?
To microwave Pillsbury cookie dough in a mug, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Take a microwave-safe mug and it should be small but should have room for the cookie to expand as it bakes.
- Put 1 spoon of Pillsbury cookie dough in it.
- Microwave for 40 seconds and check if the cookie is done. If it looks dry, it means your cookie is baked in the mug.
- If the cookie dough still looks raw or runny, microwave for another 10 seconds until it is cooked properly.
- Let the mug with the cookie stand for around 1 minute.
- Take the mug outside the microwave and serve or eat it.
The cookie should not be baked for more than 1 minute in a chump because the cookie will continue cooking as it cools. To avoid getting it burned or overcooked, you should not microwave for a long time .
Can you microwave frozen cookie dough?
Yes, you can microwave frozen cookie dough just like the normal dough but the time required for this will be more.
To shorten the cook time, the freeze cookie boodle should be thawed. It can be done in the microwave or the refrigerator .
Thawing freeze cookie boodle is the most convenient method acting. In this, the cookie boodle is kept on a microwavable home plate and it is then microwaved on defrost manner or 30 % ability for 10-15 seconds .
It is recommended to set the microwave to a 10-second interval and check the boodle after each interval to prevent it from getting overcooked. This process should be continued till the boodle is wholly thawed .
once the freeze cookie dough is thawed, it becomes voiced and immediately the dough can be cut to shape into cookies which can be baked either in the oven or in the microwave .
How to microwave nestle cookie dough?
Follow the steps mentioned below to microwave nestle cookie dough:
- On a microwave-safe plate, put one ball of Nestle cookie dough that is enough for one cookie. If there is a tube of dough, slice one ½ inch dough with the help of a knife.
- Put this plate in the center of the microwave and run the microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Check if the cookie is done or not burning.
- If required, microwave for another 10-15 seconds.
- Take the plate outside and let the cookie stand for 1-2 minutes till it becomes hard.
It should be noted that the plaza of the cookie will be extremely hot, you should take concern while eating it.
Read more: Microwave Corn on the Cob – The BEST Way!
How to make cookies in the microwave without cookie dough?
To make cookies in the microwave without cookie dough, you have to mix the ingredients and then put them in the microwave for baking .
The procedure for this is mentioned below. Here, the method for making a single chocolate chip cookie is described:
- Take a bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter with the tines of a fork till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon of whole milk to it. Mix the mixture.
- Add 3 tablespoons of flour with a pinch of salt and baking powder. Stir the ingredients well. Add some chocolate chips to it.
- Take a parchment paper and scoop the dough into the center of the paper. Press it slightly to flatten it.
- Put this parchment paper gently on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 40 seconds on high power.
- Check if the cookie is done. If it still looks doughy, microwave for 10-15 seconds more.
- Take the plate outside the microwave and let the cookie stand on the parchment paper for 1-2 minutes.
This will harden the cookie a little and you can enjoy it .
Why is my cookie dough sticky?
The cookie dough is sticky mainly due to its temperature or the ingredients added are not according to the measurement required.
It becomes muggy when the boodle is either affectionate or enough flour has not been added .
The cookie boodle can be said to be awkward when it sticks to everything, does not form any form, or even tear when you try to get it into a shape .
To fix sticky cookie dough, you can use the methods mentioned below:
Keep the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes or till it becomes easy to work with. When you refrigerate the cookie boodle, the butter will get firm and make the dough hard so that you can easily scoop or shape the dough .
While refrigerating the boodle, be careful not to put it for a very retentive time as it will make it very hard to work with .
If after refrigerating, the dough is distillery gluey, the argue may be due to lack of enough flour. To fix this, add some flour to the dough and knead it well .
Do not add excessively much flour as you will end up making tasteless cookies. Start with adding 1 tablespoon of flour at a fourth dimension and mix it well. If the dough is still sticky, add another tablespoon, and keep on repeating this.
once you reach a consistency when you can roll up the boodle, stop adding more flour .
Pillsbury cookie boodle is boughten dough from which you can easily make delectable cookies at home. even though it is advised to bake the cookies in the oven, you can calm microwave them but the texture and crispness of cookies will not be the same .
I hope the information provided in this article is utilitarian for you. felicitous fudge with Pillsbury Cookie dough .