A quesadilla is a delightful and extremely versatile dish. From a cheese quesadilla to a shredded chicken quesadilla, to a vegetable quesadilla, there are so many ways to enjoy the serve. Most people make quesadillas on the stovetop. however, you can besides make it in the microwave. Keep reading to learn how to make a quesadilla in the microwave .
What is a quesadilla?
It is a know fact that quesadillas belong to Mexican cuisine. In dim-witted words, a quesadilla is a kind of sandwich made from two tortillas. The tortillas are normally filled with cheese ; however, most people use other fillings
The quesadilla was invented somewhere in the sixteenth century. Although the traditional quesadilla was made using a corn tortilla, nowadays, you can besides use a flour tortilla to make a quesadilla. It is warmed over a griddle and is filled with unlike types of tall mallow and other fillings like guacamole, sour cream, etc .
Different ways of making quesadillas
There are a few different ways of making a quesadilla. It is a super childlike dish, and the chief finish is to toast the tortillas and provide enough estrus to melt the cheese. here are a few dim-witted ways you can make quesadillas :
- Stovetop: You can always cook a quesadilla on a stovetop. All you need is a cast iron pan or any other non-stick pan. Toast the quesadilla on medium heat on both sides until they are warm and toasty and the cheese melts.
- Oven: You can also make quesadillas in an oven. All you have to do is toast the tortillas first separately, then add your filling and toast them in the oven again. The process takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Air fryer: You can make all sorts of things in an air fryer, including a quesadilla. The only thing you have to take care of is to slice the quesadilla before placing it in the air fryer, as the whole quesadilla might not fit in the air fryer basket. Also, don’t forget to flip the quesadilla at least once to make sure it is warm and toasty on all sides.
- Microwave: Lastly, the easiest way to make quesadilla is by using a microwave. I personally love a microwave quesadilla because it is super easy, quick, and fuss-free.
There are so many amaze, filling ideas you can try in your quesadillas. It is all about creativity. here are a few ideas you can try :
- Leftover meat: Leftover meat like roast chicken, ham, and steak are perfect in quesadillas.
- Veggies: If you are a veggie-lover, you can make quick stir-fry vegetables and use them as a filling in your quesadillas. You can use bell peppers, corn, carrots, etc. Try sautéing the vegetables in taco seasoning and enjoy a delicious taco-inspired veggie quesadilla.
- Cheese: Although cheddar cheese is usually the first choice in making quesadillas, you can use other types of cheese as well. I loved using a Mexican blend of shredded cheese.
- Egg: You can make breakfast quesadillas in the microwave by filling them with an omelet or scrambled egg. Top it off with avocadoes and tomatoes, and enjoy a healthy breakfast.
- Seasonings: You can add different types of seasonings or sauces like BBQ sauce, sriracha, ranch dressing, etc. to your filling.
- Salsa: Adding salsa to your quesadillas is always a great choice.
- Guacamole: This Mexican must-have goes so well in quesadilla filling.
- Beans: You can also add black beans or refried beans to your quesadillas for some extra flavor and bulk.
Can you store quesadillas?
absolutely ! You can make quesadillas in advance and store them for late. This way, you barely have to take them out, pop them in the microwave, and that ’ s all. You can refrigerate quesadillas for up to 3 days .
You can besides freeze quesadillas. Place them on a baking tray and cover them with foil, and flash freeze for 3 to 4 hours. now take the tray out of the deep-freeze, and place the quesadilla in a fictile zip-lock bag. freeze for up to 3 months. Let the freeze quesadillas thaw and then reheat them in the microwave until the cheese melts and the tortilla is warm and toasty
How to make a quesadilla in the microwave- Recipe
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 minutes
- Total time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 1
- 2 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded, or cheese of your choice
- On a microwave safe plate, place a corn tortilla.
- Evenly place shredded cheddar cheese over the tortilla.
- Place the other tortilla over the cheese.
- Put the plate in a microwave.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Flip the tortilla and set the timer for another minute or until the cheese melts.
- Take the plate out of the microwave, slice it using a pizza slicer and enjoy.
How to make a quesadilla in the microwave
- 2 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded or cheese of your choice
- On a microwave safe plate, stead a corn tortilla .
- evenly place shredded cheddar cheese over the tortilla .
- place the other tortilla over the tall mallow .
- Put the plate in a microwave .
- Microwave for 60 seconds .
- Flip the tortilla and set the timer for another minute or until the cheese melts .
- Take the plate out of the microwave, cut it using a pizza slicer and delight.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
You Might besides Like :
Want Awesome Home & Life Hacks? Check Out SimpliSafe’s Two Blog Posts Below!
5 Tips to Make Moving Easier