What’s in the Can?
nothing can match the taste of newly corn, so they say. Canned corn though offers more appliance and it is a very good alternative to fresh corn whiskey. It is more cost-efficient, excessively. Although some may say that anything canned is lacking in nutrients, not canned corn.
other than the public toilet it offers, canned corn has more nutrients than its bracing or frozen counterparts. Comparing the protein contentedness of ¾ cup of fresh, freeze and canned corn will surprisingly show you these results : ¾ cup of canned corn has 3.2 grams of protein ; ¾ cup of newly or freeze corn has 2 grams of protein. If you ’ re taking carbohydrates, a brawny serve of canned corn whiskey has about 22 grams of carbon while fresh and freeze corn has about 11 grams. With regards to the much needed roughage in your diet, a small serve of can corn contains 2.5 grams of fiber, fresh corn has 1 gram and frigid corn whiskey has 2 grams . via amazon.com not to be outshined is the vitamin C content of corn. Vitamin C is highly maintained when corn is canned. Vitamin C in one serve of canned corn is 10 magnesium which is about 10 % of the daily recommended inhalation of Vitamin C. Most fresh corn alone check at the maximum 7 % of what your body needs. Some argue that canned corn has precisely the same nutrients as bracing and freeze corn. Following that line of argument I would say that I would go for the public toilet canned corn gives .
Why Canned Corn?
Canned corn provides a lot of texture and of naturally season to cooked dishes such as Beef Stews and Chowders. It is besides great for Enchiladas, Corn Pudding and of naturally salad. You can besides use canned corn as extenders should you need to stretch a recipe to serve more people. In making Creamed Corn, most cooks prefer canned corn because the corn kernels mush easily making Creamed Corn have a smoother texture .
Cooking Canned Corn to Perfection
Although you can cook corn along with the recipe you need it for, there are only a few ways you can cook corn to perfection. cook canned corn will allow you to experience its fully rich spirit. Try these methods and see for yourself .
What You Will Need
- Canned Corn
- Microwave-safe container
- Baking sheet
- Can Opener
- 1 tablespoon Butter or as you desire
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Butter will make the corn damp. Salt and capsicum will add a pleasant taste to the corn.
METHOD 1: HOW TO COOK CANNED CORN ON THE STOVE
via amazon.com Boiling canned corn in a saucepan and on the stave top is the most traditional way of cook canned corn .
- footfall 1 : Open canned corn with a can opener.
- step 2 : Pour contents into saucepan.
- pace 3 : Set the stove to medium heat.
- mistreat 4 : Occasionally stir the corn with a spoon so it will cook evenly.
- pace 5 : Bring to a boil. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6 : Remove saucepan from stove.
- Step 7: Strain contents of saucepan into another saucepan until only the corn is left in the strainer. This is to remove the water the corn was stored with in the can which might affect flavor of corn.
- Step 8 : Set aside.
- tone 9 : In the saucepan where you boiled the canned corn, add 1 tablespoon of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- step 10 : Pour in the corn and thoroughly mix until butter is well melted.
Corn is now cook to be served as a side dish or an component in your favorite recipe.
METHOD 2: HOW TO COOK CANNED CORN IN THE MICROWAVE
via amazon.com Cooking canned corn in the microwave is easier and faster .
- footfall 1 : With a can opener, open the can leaving a small portion of the lid still attached to the can.
- step 2 :
Tilt the can to allow water to flow into the sink.
- footstep 3 : Open the can all the way.
- step 4 : Transfer corn into a strainer.
- step 5 : Rinse the corn in the strainer with water. Drain.
- step 6 : Transfer corn into a microwave safe container.
- pace 7 : Add in butter, salt and pepper as desired. Cover.
- step 8 : Cook on High for 1 minute.
- step 9 : Stir the corn to make sure the butter, salt and pepper are mixing well.
- step 10 : Cook for another 1 minute.
If you are using an airtight lid, leave the lid slightly clear. It will leave the moisture of the corn intact. **Click here to find out the best microwaves for your kitchen.
METHOD 3: HOW TO COOK CANNED CORN IN THE OVEN
via amazon.com Roast canned corn in the oven and enjoy its piquant spirit .
- step 1 : Pre-heat the oven.
- pace 2 : Open canned corn.
- step 3 : Drain off the liquid with a strainer.
- step 4 : Line the corn on a baking sheet (1 layer only).
- Ste phosphorus 5 :Place baking sheet in the oven.
- step 6 : Roast the corn for about 3 minutes (in high) or 4 minutes (in low) or until golden brown.
Canned corn whiskey offers a fortune of convenience. As we all know it is easier to open a can of corn and cook it for a side dish than to cook fresh corn. Canned corn besides has a longer ledge life than fresh corn. More importantly, canned corn can match or tied surpass the nutritional measure of fresh corn. however, choosing the right canned corn will spell the difference . via amazon.com Canned corn whiskey contains urine, salt and sometimes carbohydrate. In choosing canned corn, pick one that has the least sodium content. besides much sodium is not adept for the health. Too much sugar contentedness can besides ruin the taste of displace corn. The pleasantness of the corn should come from the corn itself and not from the boodle that has been added. fair a belittled reminder. When bribe canned corn whiskey, be mindful of the passing date and the physical condition of the can. Avoid buying canned corn whiskey in bent cans.
Do you cook canned corn or are you one who serves it straight from the can ? Which of the methods of cook canned corn have you tried and prefer ? I always cook canned corn whiskey before I serve them and I always boil them on the stave. share with us some of your think in the comments section. References : hypertext transfer protocol : //www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2012/09/fresh-frozen-and-canned-vegetables-is-there-really-a-difference-in-nutrient-levels.html