Further reading: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Microwave Oven that Best Fits Your Needs
similarly, the use of a microwave oven is a basic necessitate in our daily everyday. It makes our casual tasks easier. It is a capital aid in saving our clock time and energy. This makes us wonder if Corelle can stand the test of microwaving. Imagine how a lot more commodious it can bring to our life. Keeping that in take care, let ’ s try to answer this question. Can Corelle be microwaved?
Is Corelle Microwave Safe?
Yes, Corelle dishware is microwave safe. It is perfect for serving and reheating dishes in the microwave oven. You can place Corelle dishes in a microwave. They are sturdy and stronger than coarse crockery. They are heat insubordinate and break-and-chip insubordinate as well. The material part is designed to withstand estrus. But make certain to stick to the allowed temperature.
What Makes Corelle Microwave Safe?
Corelle crockery is manufactured through the process of glass lamination. The process uses a material called Vitrelle. It is made from three layers of glass bonded together. You may wonder how the glass material makes this product lightweight. The glass lamination work makes Corelle lightweight, durable, and immune to break, crack, and chip .
Vintage Corelle Dishware Vs. After 2005-Produced Corelle Dishware for Microwaving
Vintage Corelle crockery is produced before 2005. Corelle company recommends them to be cosmetic collections. It discourages consumers to use Corelle crockery for food manipulation purposes. here is why you should be careful when using pre-2005 Corelle dishes. Homeware companies used paints that contained lead in their previous products. frankincense, the dishes have a high level of lead venture. Back then, they don ’ t have any regulations even on the practice of precede and other substances. With this, it makes sense to know how to identify vintage Corelle .
How to Detect Vintage Corelle?
- The paint in older Corelle dishes leaches off.
- The decorations or patterns are rough and raised.
- You can feel the decorations when you rub your fingers over the dishware.
- The design easily fades or wears out.
- It chips or mixes in with the food.
If any of this happens to your old Corelle, better put them behind your kitchen cabinet. And label them as cosmetic pieces for base hit purposes. Hence, Corelle dishes that are produced after 2005 are the right ones for microwaving. They comply with FDA regulations. They are lead-free, which makes them wholly safe for microwaving.
How Do You Microwave Using Corelle? (The Right Way)
guarantee that you handle your Corelle dinnerware set with care. When using a microwave, follow these easy tips and reminders .
- Use a small dish for a small amount of food when microwaving. Avoid using large ones.
- Avoid heating empty dishware in a microwave oven. This is to avoid dishes to absorb too much heat. If the temperature is too hot to handle, it will damage your dishware. That’s why it is essential to know the right temperature appropriate for Corelle dishes.
- Remove plastic lids before heating and place them over the dish unlocked. They are tight-sealed to prevent leaks but cannot be turned upside down or dipped in water.
- Re-heat Corelle 177ml cup, 900ml, 450ml, 325ml, and footed bowl only in a microwave oven. Do not use them in an electric rice cooker or a convection oven.
- Refrain from overheating high-fat foods or dishes with tomato sauces, oils, and sugar. It is to prevent plastic lids from blistering or staining.
- Avoid using Corelle dishes under the broiler or browning element of the microwave oven. Dispose of any dishware that is misused in this manner. Otherwise, it is not good for your health.
Advantages of Using Corelle Dishware for Microwave Oven
Corelle is multipurpose crockery. Its features are useful, hardheaded, and superior to any ordinary dinnerware set. Below are some of its timbre, handy structures .
- Long-lasting Patterns. It has a variety of aesthetic designs and patterns. You can choose among floral, country, traditional, simple, textured, geometric, or contemporary design. This brand of dishware is available in fashionable collections.
- It caters to our needs in terms of dinnerware designs. These patterns are not just fashionable. They also last longer compared to other dinnerware types.
- Non-porous and Non-reactive. Non-porous dishware doesn’t affect the taste and appearance of the food. It doesn’t absorb gas or liquid. It also doesn’t add a flavor nor change the color of the food. Being non-reactive, we can expect that the food doesn’t stick to Corelle. These dishes have no adverse impact on the taste of the food when exposed to acids.
- Corelle dishes are slim and light. They are convenient to use. You won’t have trouble moving, bringing, or carrying them around.
- Corelle dishes are really useful. They are durable yet lightweight so they are easy and safe for microwaving. They are also long-lasting yet very affordable. Buying these dishes are worth the cost.
- Corelle is also safe to use in preheated conventional or conventional ovens. They can be used for serving, baking, and warming food. You can wash them by hand or use an automatic dishwasher. Load them carefully in the dishwasher. It is to prevent them from colliding against other items during the process.
- Space Saver. Corelle dishes stack easily. They are compact so they are easy to pile, arrange, and store. They are nestable in a homeware rack. The result is a more spacious kitchen area.
- Nearly Indestructible. The durability of Corelle dishware is remarkable. Even when dropped many times, it does not break easily. Corelle is break-resistant, but not break-proof. It indicates that when dropping accidentally, it won’t break immediately. It might affect in the long run. Or when hit with a forceful impact or against a firm, solid object.
Corelle Use and Care for Better Microwaving
- Wash your new Corelle dinnerware with soap and water before using them. It removes the clear protective coating.
- Gently clean with a recommended non-abrasive cleanser such as Corningware cleaner and conditioner.
- Remove coffee and tea discoloration using baking soda or mild cleanser. Use a non-abrasive cleaner for metal or rust marks. You should also change your homeware rack if rust or metal marks persist.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or any product/object that will scratch or chip Corelle dishes.
- To loosen cooked-on-food, let Corelle dishware cool first. Then, add warm detergent water.
- Avoid dropping or hitting Corelle against hard objects. Corelle dishes are break-and-chip resistant but still break from constant dropping or hitting. Severe impact results to Corelle shattering into pieces. Handle with utmost care.
- Use appropriate protection for hands when handling hot Corelle dishware. Use mittens, a potholder, or a dry thick cloth.
How to Buy the Right Corelle for Microwaving?
If you are planning to own a newfangled Corelle dinnerware sic, it is best to consider some of these factors. It is a wise buy scheme and will benefit you finally.
Material Most of the dinnerware sets are produced from melamine. Sometimes customers thought that Corelle is the lapp as melamine. Check from the seller that the material is temper glass. It is to ensure that what you will buy is an authentic Corelle merchandise. Weight heavy dishes are glass and porcelain. Lightweight and slender crockery are Corelle. They are easy to lift, move, and carry about. Breakage It would be best if you can test the fragility of the dinnerware. Another option is to ask for proof that the Corelle product is break-resistant. Check if the product carries a certificate of product authenticity. Need Do not be tempted to buy any Corelle serve or set in momentum. Keep in mind that this brand is costly. If you are going to use them for microwave, buy Corelle dishes that are just veracious for your microwave oven. Warranty Buying Corelle crockery is backed up by a annual guarantee. World Kitchen, Inc. replaces any of your Corelle dishes that break, chips, or permanently stains. It must be within the annual guarantee from the date of purchase. Buy only from authorized and official manufacturers of Corelle crockery.
Read more: Microwaved Corn on the Cob
finally, you can shop Corelle crockery and use it for microwaving with ease and certainty. But it does not end there. Remember to commit the good direction of microwaving using Corelle dishes. Handle them with proper use and caution. It will help you make them stopping point longer and remain safe for microwaving. Always keep in take care condom precautions when placing any crockery in the microwave. References:
- “Corelle Use and Care”, Corellebrandsasia.com, 2019
- “Is Corelle Livingware Microwave Safe?”, Askinglot.com, March 19, 2020
plowshare this military post : on Twitter on Facebook on Google+