How to Clean Your Stasher Bags
First things first : DO NOT turn your Stasher bag inside out. We know it ‘s tempt, but it ‘s unnecessary ( read on and you ‘ll see why ). Flipping your Stasher inside out to clean it, like you would with a plastic baggie, will degrade the forte of the bonded edges and finally your Stasher will rip .
The edges of a Stasher base are made strong by bonding the slick and flat sides together with a liquid form of the lapp saturated platinum food-grade silicone used in all our products, then curing the bag. This is why it ‘s crucial to avoid anything that will compromise the durable design .
now that we ‘ve covered the adult no-no, let ‘s get depressed to commercial enterprise.
Reading: Easily Clean Your Stasher
Yes, Stasher bags are dishwasher safe. 👏🏽
It ‘s actually extremely easy to clean your Stasher bag : fair toss them into the dishwasher ( top or bottom single-foot — either will do ) or use strong buttery water. For a deep houseclean, we recommend a bottle brush to get any remaining particles out of the seal and prevent mildew .
Get rid of stubborn odors.
Got some smells staying manner past their welcome ( like onions ) ? We ‘ve got a few ways to kick the fumes .
- Soak your bag in a 50/50 warm water and vinegar bath for a few hours.
- Bake in the oven on a baking sheet for eight minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure to let your bag cool and use an oven mitt to handle your bags.
- For tougher smells, double up and use both methods.
Say goodbye to stains.
Stains happen, but you can use the world power of the sunday to kiss them goodbye : set your Stasher in sunlight for a few hours to naturally sun bleaching agent stains ( very ! ). This works great for tomato sauce, carrot, or watermelon stains, merely to name a few .
Concerned about mold?
Prevent determine from popping up in the corners of your Stasher bag seal by rinsing out any and all particles after each use. Those little bottlebrushes we mentioned before come in substantial handy here !
sometimes even when you give it a good clean, you may feel the want to sanitize. No trouble : let your Stasher bathe in some vinegar or boiling water to sanitize .
Best way to dry your Stasher bag?
sometimes Stasher bags need a little more dry clock once they ‘re washed by hand or in the dishwasher. We recommend using any non-sharp kitchen items to stand your bags on, including bottles, cups, or paper towel holders. The Stasher Squad besides loves toilet eyelid organizers and drying racks to do the job ! here are some of our favorites from IKEA, Target, The Container Store, and MightyNest ! fair make certain to not turn your bag inside out when drying. When you let them air dry, sometimes you can get water system spots on the silicone. They ‘re wholly harmless, just not angstrom attractive as a crystal clear Stasher, so you can avoid these by giving your Stasher a promptly rub down with a clean towel.
More tips for making your Stasher bags last:
- Use colored Stasher bags to store like-colored foods and camouflage stains.
- Avoid using your silicone Stasher bags to store sharp objects, and definitely don’t use them as cutting boards.
- Avoid trapping moisture by storing your clean Stasher bags with the seals open.
- Don’t force the bag to open farther than it does naturally. To open: hold your thumbs flat over each side of the seal and gently roll them down and away from each other. To close: squeeze out excess air to keep things super fresh, then press to seal.
Get more helpful information on our FAQ page !
Got any tips to add to the list ? Let us know ! Email information @ stasherbag.com or send us a DM on Instagram @ stasherbag .