Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
It’s time for another simple and delicious air fryer recipe. This one is perfect for “game day”, a casual gathering with friends, or a fun weeknight meal made in a flash.
Reading: Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
If you don ’ triiodothyronine own an Air Fryer yet ( *affiliate connection ), I decidedly recommend adding one to your must-have list. This little kitchen appliance is fabulously easily to use and gives thus many unlike foods that delectable crisp, crunchy fried edge that a deep fryer does… without the deep fry !
This delicious and superintendent easy recipe for healthy homemade pizza rolls shows merely how simple it is to use the tune fryer and how promptly you can enjoy pizza rolls, arrant for dipping !
Do pizza rolls taste good in an air fryer?
If my husband were to answer this question for you I can guarantee it would be a YES. He devoured these pizza rolls and my two kiddos loves them ampere well. The publicize fryer gives pizza rolls a bang-up crisp, crunchy outside and keeps the inside quick and melty .
What I love about the air out fryer five abstruse fried pizza rolls is that they are not greasy at all .
Frozen pizza rolls that are pre-cooked in a bass fryer then made at home in the oven are often very oily and greasy whereas these pizza rolls get crispy without the greasy fingers !
How do you cook pizza rolls in the air fryer?
To make homemade pizza rolls in the air fryer you can follow the steps in the recipe to create the pizza fill up, then wrap the filling up using testis roll wrappers. once you have all of your pizza rolls wrapped up nicely you plainly channel them in the bottomland of the pre-heated air fryer basket ( pre-heat for 2 minutes ), then put the basket in, set the cook time and temperature, and press get down !
I recommend tune frying homemade pizza rolls for 8-10 minutes at 370 degrees, flipping them center through .
besides, one thing to note is that you don ’ triiodothyronine want to put excessively many pizza rolls in the breeze fryer or they won ’ t arrive as crisp. While I started with 8 rolls, I found I had more success when their were lone 6 rolls in the air fryer at a fourth dimension .
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
To make these delightful rolls you don ’ t need a long ton of ingredients and you can make substitutions as you prefer. Pizza is such a personal preference food – some love traditional pepperoni, others love ham and pineapple, some prefer meat lovers, and others are all about the vegetable deluxe !
For my homemade air out fryer pizza rolls I went with a dim-witted and slightly classic combination but made certain to bring in some vegetable good for that supernumerary boost of nutrition. here ’ s what you ’ ll need :
- shredded mozzarella cheese ( dairy free shredded cheese works big as good but melts with a less thick and gooey consistency as regular tall mallow )
- boughten pizza sauce
- greens bell pepper
- lean binding bacon ( or you can besides use turkey bacon, another cook meat of choice, or barter for another vegetable option for vegetarian )
- olive petroleum
- egg scroll wrappers ( for gluten free you can make your own gluten free egg rolls wrappers from scratch as they are not available to buy a far as I know )
How To Make Step By Step
To make these pizza rolls you ’ ll necessitate to follow a few bare steps. You ’ ll probably be surprised at how easy the rolls come together and how cursorily they crisp improving to perfection .
1. Slice the green pepper and mushrooms and set aside.
2. In a small pan, fry the back bacon until browned then remove and chop into small pieces.
3. In the same frying pan, with some oil, saute the mushrooms for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add the mushrooms, diced bacon, green pepper, shredded cheese, and pizza sauce into a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
5. On a clean surface brush the sides and edges of an egg roll wrapper with olive oil then scoop a heaping tablespoon of the pizza mixture in the middle of the wrapper.
6. Fold in both the opposite corners of the egg roll to meet in the middle over the filling, then roll up the other edge until the entire wrapper is rolled around the filling.
7. Brush the exposed corner of the wrapper with oil to seal the wrapper shut and repeat the process until you have made 6-8 pizza rolls.
8. Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 370. Once heated, place the pizza rolls in the bottom of the air fryer basket, spacing them out evenly. Set the time for 10 minutes at 370 degrees then start.
9. At the 5 minute mark remove the basket and flip the pizza rolls then fry again for 3-5 minutes, until completely crispy all around.
10. Serve hot and crispy with a side of pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Pizza Roll Flavour Ideas and Substitutions:
- Veggie Deluxe : barter out the ham for more vegetable good like diced red capsicum or artichokes for a vegetarian friendly version .
- Ham & Pineapple: Bring in that classic ham and pineapple spirit by swapping out the mushrooms for canned pineapple ( just ensure the pineapple pieces are drained well and pat with newspaper towel to soak up supernumerary moisture as that could make your pizza rolls boggy ) .
- Greek: Swap out 1/4 cup of the mozzarella for feta tall mallow, then remove the mushrooms and add in black olive and bolshevik onion to the mixture for a greek divine twist .
Have you always tried Air Fryer Pizza Rolls ? Tell me what you ’ d put option in yours in the comments and be sure to pin the photograph below the recipe to save this one for former !
Continue to Content
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
move over :
6 – 8 rolls
homework time :
cook time :
entire time :
These delectable and healthy air out fryer pizza rolls are made with vegetables, cheese, ham, and pizza sauce and can well be made dairy free or vegetarian .
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (regular or dairy free)
- 3/4 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 slices lean back bacon (swap for a vegetable of choice for vegetarian)
- 6-8 egg roll wrappers
- Dice the green pepper and mushrooms and set aside.
- In a small pan, fry the back bacon until browned then remove and chop into small pieces.
- In the same frying pan, with some oil, sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, diced bacon, green pepper, shredded cheese, and pizza sauce into a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- On a clean surface brush the sides and edges of an egg roll wrapper with olive oil then scoop a heaping tablespoon of the pizza mixture in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold in both the opposite corners of the egg roll to meet in the middle over the filling, then roll up the other edge until the entire wrapper is rolled around the filling (see pictures in the blog post).
- Brush the exposed corner of the wrapper with oil to seal the wrapper shut and repeat the process until you have made 6-8 pizza rolls.
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 370. Once heated, place the pizza rolls in the bottom of the air fryer basket, spacing them out evenly. Set the time for 10 minutes at 370 degrees then start.
- At the 5 minute mark remove the basket and flip the pizza rolls then fry again for 3-5 minutes, until completely crispy all around.
- Serve hot and crispy with a side of pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- Be sure you do not overfill the egg roll wrappers or they might burst in the air fryer. You should be able to roll the wrapper around the filling easily without the filling coming out the sides.
- Make sure to seal the exposed edge of the egg roll wrapper once rolled with olive oil so the wrapper does not come open in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love: